Search This Blog

Wikipedia

Search results

Friday 3 January 2014

How to Focus(concentrate) ?

                                 Focus or concentration is a very tricky skill. At some point in his/her life every person ask the question above. I myself searched the answer of this question everywhere possible to me. But I have never found A practical way to focus in this 21st century until few months back. This 3 step method to focus which I am about to explain is BY SANDEEP MAHESHWARI  in his video ILLUSION TO REALITY. It is his work & I am just Sharing it. I am not taking any credit for it .

Commitment:

Before I explain the method I am going to make a promise to you. If you read this carefully ,which you will ,I know. & if you understand What I am saying I can guaranty you with 100% certainty that YOU WILL NEVER EVER HAVE PROBLEM REGARDING FOCUS. & this is not a joke this is my promise If you do not benefit from this article just discuss it with me & if you still think that it is bullshit , then I will apologize to you. I can say that with this confidence because I am using it Since past  3 months and it works as a charm.

SO , let's get started:

               We all want to be successful . And we all know that to be successful we must focus on what we are doing . We all know that . But FOCUS IS A SKILL . you have to learn 'how to focus' before you actually focus. It is like sharpening your sword before going to war.

The solution is very simple .it can be stated in 3 steps.

step 1 : Why am I focusing?

Humans think, that's what separate us from Animals. To do a task Your Brain need an Image of why you are doing it ? so before doing a task tell yourself, why you are doing it? And how much you need it ? And mean it . Remember It is not a ritual, you should actually feel what you are tell yourself .

step2: Where to focus?

Now to tell you the importance of this step I am going to tell you a Fascinating story. Story of  'KAROLY TAKACS' a Hungarian pistol shooter and a soldier in Hungarian army. 

Karoly  was born in Budapest and joined the Hungarian Army. By 1936, he was a world-class pistol shooter, but he was denied a place in the Hungarian shooting team for the 1936 Summer Olympics on the grounds that he was a sergeant, and only commissioned officers were allowed to compete. This prohibition was lifted in Hungary after the Berlin Games, and Karoly had expectations of success at the 1940 Summer Olympics, scheduled to be held in Tokyo. 
But, as John Lennon said "Life is what happens to you,while you are busy making other plans."
During army training in 1938, A faulty grenade exploded in his Right hand, in his best hand, in his shooting hand. he lost his hand. For 99.99% of people, that is the end of Career, & a start of miserable life. But Karoly was not one of them . he carefully analysed the situation. he made a decision of continuing his shooting career, and switched to shooting with his left hand. He focused on his strength, he focused on his present . He focused on his weaker hand . he practiced in secrete for 1 year & he participated in 1939 National shooting championship. 
All his competitors were Shooting with their best hand. But Karoly was shooting with his only hand
& guess who won 'MAN WITH ONLY HAND'. 
But he didn't stop there because his aim was clear .He focused on making his Left hand 'the best shooting hand' of the world. But The Olympic Games scheduled for 1940 and 1944 were cancelled due to the Second World War. But Karoly didn't stop he kept practicing and at the age  of 38 he stunned the entire world by winning an Olympic gold medal in 1948. he regain his title in 1952 Olympic by winning second gold medal of his career.
                 So the moral of the story is that  'where to focus on is very important' .FOR EXAMPLE If you are a student & you are not getting good score in exam you should analyse your exact problem . That means if you have problem  in understanding the concepts in your course then you should Focus on understanding the contents by taking extra classes/ refering  to diffrent books / searching the net. On the other hand If you have problem in remembering the contents then you should learn a book or two about memory. 
If  we systematically focus on 1 goal , Then history has taught us that miracles happen.   

Step 3 : How to focus?

Now here comes the devil . the ultimate question. but you will be surprised to know the  answer of the question . I was shocked when sandeep maheswari told this thing in his video . because prior to that i thought may be there is no answer to that question . But thanks to him now i know.

Sandeep admits that ,The Answer came from an Interview of tiger woods. Tiger Woods was asked that  "In a game like golf where you have so much pressure on, how do you focus ?"    
Tiger woods replied ," well, when I am taking a shot . I look at ball ,then I look at the hole ,i look at the ball ,then i look at the hole . & unless a crystal clear movie of that ball going in that hole forms in my mind"

Now I want you to think about What Tiger Woods Said.  what does making a crystal clear movie in mind means ?
Its very simple , I am going to give you an example from your life. Did it happens to you that, you have seen something or learned something new. And with full of excitement  you said " Wow, that is so cool. i wanna do that ." Now when that feeling came from hart , And you have that killer confidence that, I don't care about the world but I am 100% certain  that I am doing it.  then even if you have 100000 distractions around you , your mind automatically concentrate. so basically you have to generate that kind of mental environment around you . 
So, how can you do that, Well like Tiger Woods said you have to make a crystal clear movie of doing the task in your mind.
& here is how I do it ' I always have my favorite music clip 'Pirates of Carebian theme music ' with me in my phone & in my laptop. It really inspires me. So whenever i have to start doing something new & important ,First of all I start listening to that music In loop again and again . & while listening to that music I start to imagine in my mind that I am Doing the task in question with lot of excitement And Fun , & then I have completed the task & I Am celebrating. Whenever I do that After some time A burning Desire comes from my heart that I am going to do it with Loads of fun and excellence . how much time the process will take depends upon the person & the task . It could be 5 min, 1 day or 1 week . All you have to do it that play the song that inspires you & Imagine what i told above. '
 The exercise above is based on the principle of autosuggestion in psychology. So it always work.
So if someone like me can do it . you definitely will.  
     
                    

5 comments:

  1. Your comments are very important to us. feel free to say whatever in your mind .& we will always answer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ! Interesting. Thank you for sharing Brother. I am going to try this one now.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete